Here are 5 great ideas to inspire you to create your own masala lamb burgers using our Cocktail Kebabs spice blend for your nearest and dearest. You can of course use your mince of choice. Pork, beef, lamb, chicken or turkey. Or a vegetarian, vegan or plant-based version.
Mrs Balbir Singh's Cocktail Kebabs spice blend is the ultimate in kebab mixes. It is so versatile, allowing you to easily make superb starters and magnificent accompaniments to pre-dinner drinks, and so much more including the following masala burgers! It is also available in our popular Master Grill Collection.
FOR THE BURGER PATTIES YOU WILL NEED
- 500g Lamb Mince (or your mince of choice)
- 60g Onion, grated
- 15g Garlic Paste (or finely chopped garlic)
- 15g Ginger Paste (or finely chopped ginger)
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves, chopped
- 1-2 Green Chillies, chopped (to taste)
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Salt
- 5½ tsp (10g) Mrs Balbir Singh’s Cocktail Kebab Blend
- ¼ tsp Mrs Balbir Singh’s Original Garam Masala Blend
TO MAKE THE PATTIES
- Mix all the ingredients together in a food processor or mixer until they are combined well and the mince has become finer. Depending on your food processor this should take about a minute, or perhaps fifteen seconds longer.
- With slightly wet hands, form each patty, by scooping out a ball of the mixture. and shape to the rough diameter of your burger buns.
- Set aside ready to grill on the barbecue once you have your toppings and chutney ready. Thereafter cook to your liking.
TO ASSEMBLE USE THE FOLLOWING FOR INSPIRATION USING YOUR PREFERRED BUNS OR MINI NAANS:-
1. THE MINI ONES
Slider-size burgers with Mrs Balbir Singh's mint & coriander chutney
2. THE COOL ONETry with Mrs Balbir Singh's mint & yoghurt chutney
3. THE FIERY ONE
Drizzle with chilli tomato sauce or chilli jam and some chopped and sauteed paneer or crumbled blue cheese.
4. THE ULTIMATE LLT
Spiced Lamb with Lettuce & Tomato, in a toasted sesame bun. Add an optional and extremely tiny pinch of our garam masala mixed into your mayonnaise to elevate the experience even further.
5. THE DECONSTRUCTED ONE
On mini naans or pita bread with chopped salad & raita.
Time to get the grill or barbecue fired up, grab those wooden boards that James Martin, Jamie Oliver, Nigella... and all those Saturday morning cooking programmes have had you buying.
You'll most certainly be giving everyone some fabulously tasty bites to feast on while you let the good times during BBQ season (or year round for that matter) and the drinks, roll!